- Commercial and residential building fire claim
- All business insurance claim
- Water damages caused by plumbing problems
- Building accidents
How can I benefit by hiring a Public Adjuster?
When you file an insurance claim, property or business owner must meet the basic requirements in order to receive compensation.
When the situation is ambiguous, the insurance company could refuse the claim.
Even if you meet the requirements, when you to file the claim yourself to save money, you will likely not be more knowledgeable than the experienced insurance adjuster. Often times, you will end up spending a lot of time and experience unnecessary stress, and very rarely receive the compensation amount exceeding the subjective amount set by the insurance company.
The public adjusters are claim experts who know insurance companies work to lower the compensation amount; therefore, they never concede and are successful in getting proper compensation for the clients.
When insurance companies work with the public adjuster, they know that it doesn’t benefit them to try and pay a lower compensation or stall the claim process. Furthermore, insurance companies will likely be more cooperative and reach a reasonable settlement because should the insurance companies try to undermine the claims, the public adjuster can report the practice to the Department of Insurance. For these reasons, it is always better to consult an experienced public adjusters.
Fees differ depending on the difficulty of the case and the compensation amount, but it is considerably lower than the compensation amount. Clients often realize that the fees are reasonable once they understand all the work they must do. Some people hire public adjuster after they tried to take care of the claim themselves, while some hire one right from the beginning. Based on my 17 years of experience, using a public adjuster in some shape or form will likely result in better compensation and the clients are usually freed from stress since the adjuster is doing all the work.
Entire scope of the work that public adjusters take :
- Coverage Dispute : Insurance claim requirement analysis and debate issues
- Coverage Boundary :
- Building Repair
- Profit Loss
- Business Relocation Expense
- Temporary Business Expense
- Business Equipment and Furniture Purchases
- Building Rent
- Equipment Rent Reimbursement
- Coverage Limit :
- Maximum Compensation Amount
- Disagreement in Deduction Interpretation / Analysis
- Additional Compensations
- Coverage Sector : Areas of Compensation
For Property Owners :
- Building Repair
- Loss of Lease Income
- Other Expenses : Relocation, Lease, Storage Rent, Transit, Professional Services
For Business Owners :
- Tenant Improvement Repair
- Loss of Income
- Employee Payment
- Site Inspection : Site Preservation and Evidence Collecting for a Claim
- Cause Inspection : Cause of loss review
- Cause Investigation : Dispute when compensation is denied due to the causes of an accident
- Loss Assessment : Review of damage report and the cause of loss and compensation amount
- Loss Assessment Compare: Review and analysis of all reports with proper conclusions
- Experts Review and Dispute: Review and discussion of expert opinion
- Building Engineer Reports : Construction engineering opinion analysis
- Architectural Engineer’s Reports : Floor plan analysis
- Lead : Test, Review the Report and Abatement : Lead substance investigation, analysis and removal expense
- Asbestos: Test Review the Report and Abatement: Asbestos investigation, analysis and removal cost.
- Mechanical Engineer’s Report : Mechanical engineering reports, analysis, and review
- Machinery Loss Reports : Machinery loss reports review
- Site Walk Through : Site verification
- Experts Opinions Dispute : Experts opinion analysis
- Document Dispute : Proof of cause of loss
- Claim Regulation Codes Dispute : Insurance claim regulatory debate
- Compensation Dispute : Compensation agreement
Who is Public Adjuster?
Established by the State law, Public Insurance Adjuster is an expert that protects the rights of insurers against insurance companies.
To become a public adjuster, one must have at least 4,000 hours of onsite experience and pass the test to receive the license. This is a highly skilled and professional position.
Once the public adjuster becomes involved in a claim case, the insurance company cannot close the case until the settlement is reached. The insurance company must come to an agreement with the claim. This means the public adjuster has the initiative, not the insurance company.
Also, the insurance company fears the prosecution by the state department of insurance due to injustice claim cases. Every prosecution is recorded to Department of Insurance and the insurance company can be fined or even ordered to suspend business. Knowing this fact, the insurance company will do its best in negotiation with a public adjuster.
Why is Public Adjuster better than Lawyer?
Public adjuster’s fees are considerably lower than lawyer’s and they are considered experts in insurance claims. Moreover, public adjuster has the power to report the insurance company to the Department of Insurance if the insurance company processes the claims unfairly. Public adjuster can get more favorable settlement and also has authority and expertise to fight against the insurance claims department.
However, Department of Insurance does not handle claims that are handled by lawyers. Therefore, if the claim doesn’t settle, the only way to settle is through legal action, resulting in more time and money. For insurance claims, public adjuster should be the right professional to hire.
What Kind of Public Adjuster Should I Hire?
It is important to the insurance company to recognize that a public adjuster has a long history of experience. This is because the compensation amount can be very different than that of the insurance and the public adjuster’s. Settlement outcome can vary depending on the public adjuster’s know-hows and negotiation skills. Moreover, it is important for the public adjuster to have sufficient architectural knowledge and experiences dealing with these types of problems, because there is always dispute concerning the building architecture.
The insurance companies often match their representatives based on adjuster’s knowledge and experience, which results in less dispute and more compensation.
The Main Task of the Department of Insurance
Department of Insurance handles three (3) key areas:
Issuance of Insurance Licenses: Department of Insurance reviews the insurance company’s policies and contracts and issues license to the company. Also, the Department of Insurance protects the consumers through issuing warnings and fines, and revoking licenses of the insurance companies.
Agent: Insurance agent sell the insurance to the customers on behalf of the insurance companies and reports claims when it occurs. It is illegal for agent to stop customers from hiring public adjusters. This type of action may result in revocation of his/her insurance license.
Public Adjuster: Public adjuster handles the claim case from start to finish in order to protect the best interest of the customer.
Department of Insurance oversees these
customer. proecte licnusters ld spent s for earthe earthquaek. loor. eral to loan the money. o know what to do. three different types of professionals in order to maintain fairness.
History of Our Company
When I was running my own construction business, I witnessed insurance companies treating insurance claims filed by the immigrants unfairly.
After long preparation, I founded Unlimited Adjusting Company in 1996. Since then, I have taken care of over 1,500 building and business insurance claims just in California for 17 years. We are well-recognized in the mainstream society. We have been involved in over 3,000 cases nationwide. In 2013, we started servicing Korean community under the name of Excel Public Adjusters. Based on our mainstream experiences, we will deliver the best compensation to the Korean community.
Jung Park, PA
Excel Public Adjuster